This is a random topic, and why am I writing about labels on a sex toy reviews and erotic fiction blog, I hear you ask… Because labels are everywhere. From the clothes we buy, the sticky ones we wear identifying ourselves in a workshop and so on. So it makes me think, what do labels do for us? Besides giving us information about a product or a brand name, or putting an occupation alongside our name to ‘define’ what we do?
The answer is simple, they don’t really do a lot for us. So you might feel more ‘put together’ when you’re wearing your best suit tailored by your favourite designer. But take off that suit and you’re still you. Is a cleaner/janitor any less of a person because of what they do? Hell no. We are what we want to be essentially. Because at the end of the day actions speak louder than words.
And if we don’t like a label, what can we do then? We can change it for another! Whether you want a new career, status, religion or sexual orientation, life is fluid. If something isn’t working for you then ‘re-brand’ it, or do what the celebs do and re-invent yourself. Its not always easy, but its better than being in a situation that makes you unhappy or worse still, one that makes you feel ill or worthless.
So if the label fits and it makes you happy stick with it. Otherwise, try something different for size. You never know, you might like it. If you don’t you can always go back to what you were before.
And if anyone is wondering what my labels are, then you can find out here:
- I’m a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, niece and grand-daughter.
- My day jobs are in the leisure and tourism industry. But I trained in a biological science background.
- I like food, but I’m no fancy cook.
- For me, my ideal holiday would be something cultural mixed in with some relaxation. Warm, sunny climates are my preference to colder ones.
- My hobbies are keep-fit classes, walking, trying out new sex toys, and comedy movies. I also enjoy getting creative with my scrap booking stuff, to make memories.